Jewelry Box Question

I'm putting velvet linings in a jewelry box for my grandaughter. Anybody have an idea or source for rows of soft ridges to hold rings upright? I'm thinking of 3/4" wide rows of foam with continuous velvet glued over and between adjacent rows. The rows would touch and give enough support to hold the rings upright for presentation.
My problem is determing how to assemble the darn thing and keep the tops of the rows uniform. Ideas or sources would be sincerely appreciated.
Jim in the Bluegrass is puzzled
Woodhead wrote:

Take a look at Rockler's "Padded Ring Bars"
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 75&filter=jewelery
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Jack,
Perfect! They even have the matching velvet!
Life can be simple.
Thanks, Jim
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:34:03 -0400, "Woodhead"

Cut the rows with a saw (table saw). Spray glue the foam and carefully lay the velvet on the foam, pushing it into the grooves with a small blade (steel rule, bread knife, wide drywall mud spreader, etc). Work from one end to the other. Slow and carefull gets it done. The velvet will tighten up the saw kerf for a snug fit. Make a test first to see if the kerf is wide enuff or if you want wider ones for wider rings.
Pete
They make a tubular shaped plastic foam for use in expansion joints of buildings. It comes in different diameters from about 1/2" up to about 2" and is very flexible. The last time that I saw some of this I was thinking that it might work real well for ring holder cushions in a jewelry box, but I haven't made any jewelry boxes since I got the idea. Look for it in the masonry area of the Borgs or talk to a masonry contractor. From the Borg you may have to buy enough to make a hundred jewelry boxes, but the contractor will likely just give you a few feet of it. Cut it to length, wrap it in velvet, and glue it into the jewelry box alongside several others. The rings should stay in the cracks between them quite nicely.
--
Charley

"Woodhead" < snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net> wrote in message

used ones you could have , or where they get theirs from. Jim