Jewelery Chest"s" for Christmas

I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.
I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.
"Leon" wrote

neighbor and your wife. She says. 'Why didn't he make me one too"?

Tell her that I don't recall her placing an order. ;~) On line these go for over $2K each.
This is the one that inspired me.
http://www.gerstnerusa.com/jewelry/22k.htm
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:07:17 GMT, "Leon"

I like them(it). Can't see the second one. I was looking for shapes/ sizes for a pair for my kids. I will steal some of your ideas.
Now post some pics with doors closed and others drawers opened. Then tell us what the wood is and why you chose Lee Valley brass.
Later there will be a test so stay sharp.
Pete :)

Thank you.
Here is where I got over all sizes and my inspiration. http://www.gerstnerusa.com/jewelry/22k.htm

There is a second post with the doors closed. The buld of the wood is hard Maple and I used Tiger Maple veneer on the drawer fronts. The front door panels, darler trim inside the chest and trim on the outer bottom moulding is Spalted Live Oak.

OK. ;~)
Thu, Dec 20, 2007, 1:07am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth quary: <snip> I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions. Holy bat guano Leon, keep those things for yourself, and put some really nice tools or sumpthin' in them. Or, you could probably sell them as fancy tool chests for big bucks.
(Leon)

A little too small for tools. LOL If you take another look I posted a reply with a picture of a tool box that I built last Spring.
"Leon" wrote

Yabbut ... from the looks of it, that's not a toolbox, it's a big "His" jewelery box. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Your wife and neighbor hereby sucketh! That's some magnificent woodworking, and the spalted oak veneer gives a beautiful, and very unique, touch to each piece.
Well done, Leon!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

A very warm and sincere Thank you, Swingman.
Leon wrote:

Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

http://www.delorie.com/wood /
It may take a week or two to update sometimes.

If you would like I could e-mail you the 10 pictures and having High Speed internet would be good.
Leon wrote:

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.
Andy H wrote:

Same here, but there's a slower workaround. If you go here, http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/ , you can see it in a few days. I'm anxiously awaiting this site to update
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.
Tanus wrote:

I hope so!
Thanks Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

Andy H wrote:

I think so. There's another site too that posts ABPW, which is at http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.html . I find this one to be slower than delorie, but it's also another source if you're looking for binaries from other NGs.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.