Jet Xacta II woes part II

In another thread I discussed my issue with the new pads and that they are .100" thicker than the originals.

The poly glue, Elmers knockoff of Gorilla, seems to be doing the job however, and I have sanded them down to get a good fit.

I adjusted the fence to the slot.

Next issue -- the fence is not perpendicular to the table. If I adjust one side, the other is out, and vice versa. It seems to me that the left side of the fence is not paralled to the right side of the fence. When I make the blade side parallel, it's a pretty big adjustment, with noticeable "tip" on the fence as it fits onto the rail.

Anyone else seen this?

I did install the rail parallel to the table.

Reply to
coloradotrout

Adjust the fence so the face most often used perpendicular to the table then shim the face of the side less used to make it perpendicular.

Reply to
Nova

Yeah, pretty discouraging considering it's a 2 year old cabinet saw.. think they could get the fence square.

It almost seems like the plastic has warped a bit.. The bottom 1" seems mostly perpendicular and then the top bows out. Something like this:

) ( with the bottoms straight.

I heard elsewhere that the ply fences were less prone to distortion.

Reply to
coloradotrout

Isn't that what thickness planers are for? ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin