Jet vs. Powermatic 66

Page 2 of 2

Neither saw will do anything that the other will not. If you were in a production setting and the saw ran all day long, day in and day out, the Powermatic would probably be the better choice. For a small business of home shop, the Jet will not disappoint. If your heart is set on the Powermatic for other than functional reasons, get the Powermatic. I have had the Jet for about 5 years now and it is my work horse.

Monday. I lusted after the PM66 for a few years but came time to push the button to buy I just couldn't justify the extra k buck. I make sawdust on the weekends. If I ran the saw 8 hours a day 5 to7 days a week then yeah the PM66 would be on the truck.

I am already retired...only for 6-7 years...so I am still a very young guy...lol...
But I purchased a Jet Cabinet saw 15 years ago that has seen plenty of use over the years.... Honestly it has been absolutely problem and trouble free....PERIOD.... My sons may wear it out after I'm dead but I kind of doubt it...my grandchildren have a better chance of doing that...
I too like the Powermatic...but my choice was really between the Jet and a Unisaw .......I picked the Jet over the Unisaw not to save a couple of hundred bucks...it just had a top that was machined better then the unisaw setting beside it in the showroom ...in other words I picked it because it looked prettier... dumb way for sure...but after 15 years or so I am still as happy and as confidient in the saw as I was on the day I ran the first board thru it...
At the time Delta did not own Biesmeyer and the Bies was optional on both the Jet & Delta saws... no brainer to go with Biesmeyer ..which is probabally a major reason I like the saw so much...
HOWEVER...... When I retired I had a H E double hockey puck amount of lumber stashed away and in the 6-7 years since I retired I am now almost... out of stock... and I am getting sticker shock at what lumber is selling for now.... LOL... who cares I can not take it with me ...
Lots of luck...
Get the PM66, you deserve it! If you get anything else you will still be wanting one.