JET Tool service SUCKS

I got a new in the Box Jet Floor model drill press. There was a piece missing. I called their JET "TOOL DOCTOR" and because it was purchased from WWW they will not warrenty it or send a replacement part.
That will be the LAST JET item I ever purchase.
I'd contact them again & get a different C.S. rep .. .. .. THAT doesn't sound like JET !!
DEin2000 wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!
<<<__ Bob __>>>
<<___ Bob ___ wrote:

Dunno, they never sent my damn replacement feet for my lathe. :( I figured no problem getting a little 39-cent piece of plastic with no hassle, but they ignored me. Pout.
Whoa there. Something is really really fishy. What do you mean you purchased it from WWW? Jet is sold through authorized dealerships and distributors. Did you buy it gray market? What part was missing? They are pretty good about supplying all the parts, too.
I'm providing a counterpoint to your view. I've nothing but excellent service from Jet. Something is really, really wrong in your case.
Bob

I'm sure he meant Woodworker's Warehouse, which is currently being liquidated.
I don't know why Jet wouldn't honor the warranty. I would assume Jet got paid for the drill press.
Brian Elfert

Paid or not, WWW is/was a genuine Jet dealer.
I wonder what the rest of the story is.
Barry
Bob Davis wrote:

I'm thinking we not gotten the full story/the truth is lying somewheres in the middle.
UA100

That is probably not legal. I'd call back and politely demand proper service under the warranty in the brochure in the box. Keep going up the ladder if needed. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
It was purchased from Woodworkers Warehouse. The Jet customer Rep. told me they were going out of business and all sales were final , NO warrentee. There was nothing "grey" about the purchase. There were several Jet items in the store. I had a choice of the floor model or a New in the box drill press. I opted for the new one. I will be calling back Tomorrow and asking to talk to a supervisor. Th missing part was the table lock handle. I can make one as good or better than the factory part but don't feel I should have to.
I can understand, 'NO RETURNS' or any additional 'warrantee' from the *store*. However, that would NOT effect any FACTORY documentation.
If you have that paperwork, and the invoice from WW, JET is legally obliged to honor it's conditions. There should also be a list of 'local' affiliated 'Authorized Factory Repair Centers'. Typically, these are NOT 'sales outlets' like WW or WH, etc. Just for laughs, I would call one of them and ask for the part; if for no other reason then to hear what they say.

On 01 Jan 2004 19:20:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DEin2000) wrote:

My local WWW stores have signs that say "All Sales Final, Products Carry Full Mfg. Warranty".
This is weird.
Barry
B a r r y B u r k e J r . said:

WWW probably owes Jet big money, and they are taking out their frustration on the customers who bought there. Just a thought...
Greg G.

My guess is you're right on that. I was in a WWW a month or so before they folded. I was told they didn't have any Jet stock, were having trouble getting more, and had no idea when they would. Although it didn't occur to me then, in hindsight I can only assume Jet was refusing to ship them any more machines until they payed for what they'd already gotten.
<Greg G.> wrote in message > >

WWW can owe them billions, but Jet still has a legal obligation to stand behind the products they sell. Exception could be seconds or returned units that are sold "as is" but they would also be labeled as such.
Unless we are not getting the whole story, the OP has a right to complain. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Edwin Pawlowski said:

I agree. I'm not defending Jet's attitude, just offering a possible reason for their disinterest in providing service. Kind of like stolen units. If a pallet of tools is stolen off a loading dock, the MFG's will often refuse service on those serial numbers. Perhaps they feel that these units were 'stolen' from them - as I'm sure they will never get paid, or if they do, pennies on the dollar.
I'm sure Jet will rethink their position, but it wouldn't hurt to climb the company hierarchy in attempting to get the service you deserve. Mention 'bad press' and 'newsgroups' if necessary... <g>
Greg G.
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:59:40 -0500, Greg G. wrote:

In the business world, drawing a retail customer into a grudge match between vendors is suicide. The bottom line is Jet service sucked. Long after WWW is gone, the retail customer will be buying from other dealers.
I'd find it hard to believe a company like Jet would do that.
Barry
B a r r y B u r k e J r . said:

I agree. See my previous post. It's a tough world out there...
Greg G.