jet shaper

Anybody got one of the JWS-22CS from JET ?
Trying to figure the "depth" of the fence. Whats the maximum distance you can set the fence from the bit ?
the online info has "Fence Size (2/in): 9-3/4x3-1/4" does that tell me what I am looking for ?
Cheers
Why would you want to risk pinching anything between the cutter and the fence? Death wish?
The important figure is the opening size, listed as 5 1/4, which would be the maximum diameter cutter you can set below the existing table. Should accommodate most panel-raising cutters.

actually no (to the death whish). Thinking of using the shaper as a router table. I find myself doing dados with a hand router and wonder how far into a piece of wood I can 'reach' with the shaper. I am figuing that the shaper / router table would do a more accurate and safer plowed dado, however never having owned a router table or a shaper perhaps the whole operation is to be avoided and a router table is only to be used for edge effects ?