Jet non-Xacta cursor question

I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works great but the cursor is about 1/16 off, even slid over as far as it will go in the little slot for it. That is, if I set it to cut 2 inches, I get 1 15/16 inches. I can set it for 2 1/16 and get 2, but I'd really like to get what I set it for and there seems no futher room for adjustment. I could grind 1/16 off the left end of the cursor and that'd fix it, but I hate to do that.
I tried loosening the bolts along the front rail and sliding the rail as far right as it would go - that took it from 1/8 to 1/16 off...
Any ideas?
Thanks Lance

You might get the folks from Jet on the line and see what they have to say.
I am sure it is still under warranty if you just bought it.
Lance wrote: I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works great but the cursor is about 1/16 off, even slid over as far as it will go in the little slot for it. That is, if I set it to cut 2 inches, I get 1 15/16
inches. I can set it for 2 1/16 and get 2, but I'd really like to get what I set it for and there seems no futher room for adjustment. I could grind 1/16 off the left end of the cursor and that'd fix it, but I hate to do that. I tried loosening the bolts along the front rail and sliding the rail as far right as it would go - that took it from 1/8 to 1/16 off...
If the fence accepts different faces, you might try a thinner piece attached to the fence. Tom
Lance-
I have a jet contractor's saw and the same problem. (bought mine back in 2000) I also had the curious problem that the further out the fence got, the more my measurement was off.
I finally (about 6 months ago) figured out what the problem was ~ the holes for mounting the fence are slightly off, and the fence slopes ever-so-slightly down compared to the table top as you go left to right.
This may or may not be your problem, but it was mine...
-aaron
snipped-for-privacy@manofleisure.com wrote:

On 1 Jul 2005 19:21:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@manofleisure.com wrote:

In 1996, I had to do exactly what you describe to my Jet fence. I sold the saw in 2003, and nobody questioned the grind mark.
Barry
snipped-for-privacy@manofleisure.com wrote:

Replace the stick on ruler on the rail and position the new one correctly.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA