Jet Mortiser Manual

Recently got a pretty good deal on a Jet JB5M (708580) benchtop mortiser sans the manual/parts list. Bought on Craigs List for $120.00 w/3 new bits. Hence the lack of a manual was no big deal! Except, now can't locate a manual on the "net". Went the DAGS route and everything that pulls up are the floor/industrial machines. Lots of PDF's , but none for this model. Unusual, since the machine is still a current model! Any help or suggestions. Not a big deal, since I can still use it, but may need parts in the future or "throne reading" Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall

Try Jet Tools at:

Nova

Thanks Jack, I had found that one and downloaded it, however that is for the

708581 attachment. I would really like to find the entire parts manual for the machine. There is a gas filled cylinder on the side that returns the handle to the upright position that I would like to replace. If all else fails, I guess I can take it off and head to the auto parts places. The cylinder is similar to ones used on SUV hatchbacks. Appreciate the feed back. Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall

Bill - I had an idea and maybe it can work. I went to Amazon, entered the Jet Mortiser and then called up all the reviews. Not all the reviewers incluse contact info, but I was able to find one that did. Here is the link-

you can email this guy and he would make a copy for you.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Bill, just email or call JET/Wilton and ask for one. Just last week they were able to email me a .pdf of a sales catalog entry for a JET scroll saw that went out of production in 1995, so I'm sure they'll be able to hook you up with a manual. I also called them recently to order a part for my bandsaw and they were able to email me a blowup of the parts list while we were one the phone (couldn't read the numbers on the small one in my manual).

best,

kiwanda

Reply to
Kiwanda