Jet Mortise Machine

I was given one of these for a gift. The chisels seem not to make a good clean cut. Are there better chisel available?
Thanks
Dave Ewers

Try tuning up the stock chisels first. As they come from the factory, they're not all that great, but with a little bit of work they are much improved. First polish the outer surfaces of the chisels, being careful not to remove any more metal than is necessary. Then get the conical diamond hones that Lee Valley sells and hone the inner surfaces. Finally, hone the cutting edges of the augers good and sharp, and try them out. You'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes.
thx
wrote:

they're
remove