Jet JWP-16OS: 16" 3HP Planer

All,

I've had this planer for several years, and it has been doing a great job considering what I've thrown at it. But recently, the height adjustment wheel will sometimes move as the stock goes through. I've verified that both table locks are snug, but that doesn't mean that the cutter head isn't moving over the course of the cut.

Generally, I don't take a heavy cut - usually only turn the handle 1/4

- 1/3 of a rotation at a time. But this seems to happen when I have a wide board, or one that has some "rough" grain or knots.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or if there was an adjustment I didn't read about in the manual.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

IMHO if the locks are snug they are not snug enough. They really should prevent this from happening. Anyway, I had a planer that had no locks at all that would "self adjust" during use. The fix was to remove all lash/slack in the adjustment gears. I let the repair shop make this adjustment.

Reply to
Leon