Jet Cont. Saw Alignment Help

Does anyone have any advice for me on a problem I am having aligning my Jet contractor's table saw? First, I loosened three of the trunnion bolts and tried to get the blade in line with the miter slot. No luck. So, I decided to loosen all of the bolts and 'start from scratch'. No matter what I do now, the rear of the blade remains closer to the slot than the front by .16". I'm at a loss for what to do. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
CC wrote:

Aligning a contractor saw is generally a pain in the kiester. Go slow, take your time, plan on fiddling it a lot before it's right.
There's a podcast on table saw tuneups at http://www.woodworkingonline.com/2007/02/14/podcast11-tuning-up-your-table-saw-for-perfect-cuts/ that you might find helpful.
Also http://www.newwoodworker.com/algntruns.html .
If you're willing to spend 20 bucks to simplify your life a set of these http://www.in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html should help. Make sure you get the right ones.
--John
Great sites! I'll get back to tinkering this evening.
Thank you!
J. Clarke wrote:

http://www.woodworkingonline.com/2007/02/14/podcast11-tuning-up-your-table-saw-for-perfect-cuts/

Assuming that you have enough clearance in the trunnion brackets to get it aligned, are you using fresh washers or washerfaced screws? Oft times using the old ones will just "memory" you back to where you were.
Frank
Ahhhhhh, good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a shot.
Thank you!
Frank Boettcher wrote:

It may or may not be rare. I helped a man with his saw and we ended up having to drill the trunnion holes larger to get enough movement to be parallel. Never reuse existing washers, remove and replace with fresh washers as the originals often have a warp or denting that nestles right back to the old setting.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .