Jet Cabinet Saw Problem

I currently own a JWCS-10 Jet cabinet saw which is about 10 years old now. Over the past year or so I have noticed that when making a long rip cut, the blade, from time to time seems to have a momentary oscillation (more like a shudder) that lasts a fraction of a second then stops. This is just enough to cause a ragged section in a long cut. This happens regardless of the blade I am using, the wood species, or the speed that I advance the wood into the cut. I am beginning to think that the ball bearings that hold the blade arbor are beginning to go bad. Anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions for isolating the problem?

TIA

Ken Veto

Reply to
Ken Veto

Ken,

Just a guess but I agree with your diagnosis. Bearings.

Reply to
Bruce

Sounds like bearings....Do you hear a roaring noise? Is the blade slowing down and perhaps flexing? Are the belts in good shape? You might replace them or use this as a good excuse to get a full sized cabinet saw.

Reply to
Leon