Jet 16" band saw - FS Walker Turner

I just picked up this saw and I really liked it. I needed it for a project that needs to be completed this week. The only negitive so far is the blade size 123" They are diffucult to find.
I have posed my old Walker Turner on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%86108037&ssPageName ­ME:B:LC:US:1
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–
TeamCasa wrote:

And you ended the bidding with the first guy to throw a hunnert dollars at it.
Please tell me you aren't in charge of all the household money decisions.
UA100
Add pictures here
βœ–
Do yourself a favor and find someone local who welds bandsaw blades to length. It's usually cheaper and you'll have more choices for width and tooth configurations. I'm lucky enough to have a sharpening center close to me that also makes up bandsaw blades. I recently purchase 3 bi-metal blades, (1) 1/4" x 123" 10 tpi and (2) 3/8" x 123" 6tpi for less than $40 total.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nice one, Sparky. Sold for a hundred bucks. Does your wife let you use the checkbook and credit cards too? Hope you like your new JET. Maybe that'll be worth ten bucks or so in sixty years.
Hell, if I had known that saw was available, I'd have paid five times what you sold it for, and that's not counting the shipping to the east coast. Just one day I forget to do my search for Walker-Turner tools on eBay, and look what happens.
Oh well, when you're in a hurry, you're in a hurry.
Jon E
Add pictures here
βœ–
Well If you folks think I only got a 100 bucks for the WT saw, well then ... something about a sack of hammers. The auction ended early with a offer I could not refuse.
As for the Jet, It is reasonably well built and I have sliced up a fair amount of Birch and Mahogany and I am very pleased. I did however, have a 1" and a 1/2" carbide blades made for it.
Dave
PS: I don't ask how much she spends on jewlery and she does not ask how much I spend.
message

Add pictures here
βœ–
Wow...you sold that WT? Man.....
Rob
--

Remove CC for email and please visit our web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com

OK, sorry, I'm just being a grouch. It's just that that's about the only vintage woodworking machine I want right now. :(
Gald you like your JET. The carbide blades are a dream. I have a half-inch one on my Delta.
Jon
Add pictures here
βœ–