Jet 12" Bandsaw

Does anyone have one of these? I have been eyeing this one for my small storage shed/work shop. Could I re saw a 3/4" or 1" thick X 6" wide board if I wanted to re saw to 1/4" or 1/2" thick with it's 1/2 horse motor and 1/2" max wide blade? I realize that a 14" saw isn't that much more but the extra height and weight won't fit as easily and no way I could add a riser block anyway. Any comments you have are appreciated. Thanks.

-- Paul snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com "You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it Damned foolproof."

Reply to
Paul O.

I've had one for a couple of years, and I like it fine. I use a bandsaw mostly for all those weird little misc. cuts that come up during most projects and it does that stuff perfectly. It doesn't have any extra power, but I resaw with it once in a while and it's perfectly OK. I bought some good blades, and spent some time tuning it up (although it came out of the box in good alignment). I wanted a bigger saw, but space was a problem for me, too. Space isn't such a problem now, but so far I don't see a reason to replace it. I didn't expect to be as satisfied with it as I am, but it's a good little saw for what I need it for.

Regards, David

Reply to
Jane & David

Snip,snip. Thanks, glad to hear it. One of the main things I think I would use it for is for re sawing boards for edge banding pieces, and wouldn't need to do over a 6" wide(tall) board. Looked at the Delta 14" again at Lowes this morning and with the motor behind it, it makes it take up too much room depth wise. The $319 at Post tool I like, then can get a couple good blades and work on a good fence. Ahh, but first to figure out just how to get room to squeeze the 12" in. Thanks again.