Jesus Knot on eBay

Page 2 of 2

Too late. Auction ended with no bidders.

It looks more like George Washington to me. :-)
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:30:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I still think it looks like a parrot. Even the one who got stuck in the freezer!

Looks like the eagle from the Muppet Show to me...
To me it looks like Mother-in-Law or some kind of monkey.
I only see that movie ad for the Elephant Man.

Doesn't seem to be a very poplar item, does it.
FoggyTown "Cut to shape . . . pound to fit."
Why does anything bearing a human likeness automatically have to be Jesus? I think it looks more like Holling from Northern Exposure. Either way, at $500 it's clearly a steal.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 00:48:54 -0600, Alan Edwards

And why don't "Images of Jesus" or "The Blessed Virgin" ever look in the LEAST Jewish nor remotely Middle Eastern?
I'm fairly certain that a First Century Nazerine looked nothing like Ted Nugent.
Charles Krug notes:

C'mon, man. You know that Jesus was a 6'2" tall blonde guy, with blue eyes.
My brother used to figure that, given the growth in stature in the past 2000 years, he was maybe 18" tall.
Charlie Self "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2, 2000

Tom

I think it looks like Thomas Jefferson.
The auction ended without anyone bidding, so apparently there is a limit to human stupidity. I'm shocked.
--
Hank Gillette

Whoa, Hank. Don't go jumping to wild, unfounded conclusions. There was probably some ebay system error that kept them from finding it, or maybe they were all searching for "Jeezis emmijas".

It doesn't. Sometimes it's a picture of Mary!
But I wonder that myself. Especially since none of us have the least idea of what Jesus/Mary actually looked like. Except we can be pretty sure they did NOT look anything like the old artistic renderings of them.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA