JessEm mortiser report

Got the mortiser today. Set up is quick, the process of drilling a half-doz en holes and then swinging the arm back and forth a few times takes a minut e or so and the floating tenon fits OK. Will need to tweak the settings to get it where I want it. Out of the box it was a tad loose on the ends of t he mortise (or the tenons were a tad short :-)). Tweaked it and the mortis e was a tad too tight.
Still need to try aligning with the mating board, but it seems this will be OK for light duty. It certainly isn't a Domino, but at less than 10% of t he Festool price I think it's a good solution for my needs.
Larry
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:38:03 -0800 (PST), "Gramp's shop"
holes and then swinging the arm back and forth a few times takes a minute or so and the floating tenon fits OK. Will need to tweak the settings to get it where I want it. Out of the box it was a tad loose on the ends of the mortise (or the tenons were a tad short :-)). Tweaked it and the mortise was a tad too tight.
Do they have an RCH setting? If not, tell JessEm. ;) (OR, you could drill and tap one end, then install a fine-threaded adjustment screw to get your RCH worth of movement.)

for light duty. It certainly isn't a Domino, but at less than 10% of the Festool price I think it's a good solution for my needs.
You betcha. Great minds think alike, Larry. Carry on!
--
If government were a product,
selling it would be illegal.
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:15:37 PM UTC-6, Larry Jaques wrote:

dozen holes and then swinging the arm back and forth a few times takes a mi nute or so and the floating tenon fits OK. Will need to tweak the settings to get it where I want it. Out of the box it was a tad loose on the ends o f the mortise (or the tenons were a tad short :-)). Tweaked it and the mor tise was a tad too tight.

<Snip>
I'll bite ... what is RCH? If you mean left-right micro adjustment, the an swer is yes.

Red C**t Hair, in other words, a very very small distance.
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:54:06 AM UTC-6, Doug Miller wrote:

OK ... you got me. LOL.
On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:11:57 -0800 (PST), "Gramp's shop"

Yes, an Irish micro-adjustment measurement. <g>