JessEm

How new are they? I am asking because I am getting little attracted to their router table system. I am not scare to buy it, just the pricing. What I am asking if they are new is because I like to search for reviews and JessEm doesn't appear very much?

Amazon.com has 'em (but not Mast-R-Lift) but no pictures (a picture isn't important, but why not have at least have pictures of it?). They have the older model of Rout-R-Lift.

Any reviews? I saw one where they won award, but that's one. Other brands has many reviews (since they have been around for years).

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

For 3 or more HP fixed based routers, 4 got roughly equal remarks: Bench Dog ProLift Max 40-016 (priased for it's beefyness) JessEm Mast-R-Lift (Same as Rockler Mast-R-Lift) JoinTech SmartLift Digital and Pro Woodpecker Precision Router Lift

For 1.75 50 2.25 HP fixed based routers: Benchdog MiniLift 40-072 JessEm Rout-R-Lift FX (best value)

For plunge routers: Woodpecker Unilift

As far as the JessEm table, I th>

pricing. What

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I've had a Jessem table, fence, and Router Lift for a couple of years and think they're OK but overpriced. I bought mine for a particular rush job because it was available at a Woodcraft Supply store across the street from where I live.

It seems well-designed and solid. If I'd had more time I'd have spent less to build a larger table with built-in dust collection and wiring - and bought the Incra Ultra Jig (which I've added since.)

For a look at what I think I like best, visit and do a search on "Ultimate Router Table" for jpg images.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Hmmm. That usenet stuff is really confusing. I get this web page with lots of info but it's not intuitive what I need to do. Do I have to subscribe to something? I did find a search but it looks like I need to specify a usenet group...

More "how to" details would be apreciated.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Sorry - this is what happens too frequently when I try to type URLs from memory. The actual search page is at: . Scroll down and click to enable searching for jpeg files, then in the "Search for" box type Ultimate Router Table - then click the "Start searching" button.

You should get a set of pictures showing various stages of construction of a router table - and the very last should be the finished table. One of the regulars here built this table and posted the pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking to make the rest of us drool all over our keyboards. (-8

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Got it, thanks! Also look at:

Never Enough Money