Jesada Update???

I am getting ready to purchase some more router bits. In the past Jesada was my default choice but last fall I had some problems with timely shipping. I also remember a couple of treads with shipping problems. Does anyone know if they have fixed the problems? Anyone ordered recently?
Bob
ever try CMT bits? I've had good luck with them and they ship quickly.
dave
RWM wrote:

<SNIP>
I have used CMT bits. In fact CMT and Jesada were once joined. There was a messy breakup a few years ago. Jesada lost the rights to use the name CMT, and use of the orange color on the bits. They became Jesada and white bits. During the court process they shipped Orange bits with white stripes.
The president of Jesada, I think that is gone now, was a huge asset to the Woodworking Forum on CompuServe. I stayed with their bits because of the quality, and Carlo, but I think that things have changed. It might be time to find a new supplier.
Bob

I dont think that they were joined as such. Carlo's American CMT company imported and sold the Italian CMT bits. This was fine until they started manufacturing and selling CMT look alike bits and selling them as CMT bits. They lost the court battle and were forced to rename the company and change the color of the bits.

bits.
change
Sorry if I was unclear. You are right, the company that became Jesada was selling CMT bits before the split.
Do you know anything about Jesada now?
Bob

Well at the moment no, but I became a bit suspitious last year. I had ordered several bits from them and there was a chatter problem with a brand new 3/8", 1/2" shank, straight bit. They replaced it but the shanks on several of the bits have rusted. The older bits are still clean as a whistle. I questioned them about that and they said that they had received and used some "lessor grade material" and I should not have that problem in the future. I have been buying from since the early 90's.
Why not just go to routerbits.com and order some whiteside product?

I gave up on CMT & Jesada. I now buy only Whiteside bits and am quite happy with them.
RB
RWM wrote:

RWM wrote:

I agree with some others. Go to routerbits.com and get whiteside. They will arive in just a few days. Make your order on monday and I will bet you will be cutting boards with them on Friday night.

I have been buying Whiteside bits from a seller on ebay. The seller has a huge selection, and the prices are very reasonable...although I have not compared the prices to routerbits.com. The seller ID is briartoys1.
James Hendrix

Sorry for the double-posting. Right after I sent the other reply, I decided to look at the ebay seller and see what he was offering, and also clicked on his feedback - quite a few of negatives. I never had any problem buying from him, but it's been awhile since I have - not sure at this point with the feedback issue - use caution...
James Hendrix
On 10 Apr 2004 01:21:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (James Hendrix) wrote:

11 negatives in the last month does seem a little high, so I took a look at them. A couple were posted in error, a couple read like the seller got blasted for doing what the buyer wanted. Some more looked like they might have been "revenge" postings for NPB and the rest looked like they could have been avoided if the buyer had read, understood, and heeded the conditions of the auction. But, like always, be careful with any transaction of this type.
(no known association with the seller, ebay, or any other interested party)
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA