Japanses Style Twisted Dovetails

Does anyone have first hand experience cutting these? What's the setup? Any photos or instrustions available would help too. Thx.
LIS:
Can you post a picture? I can't visualise what you're talking about...
John Moorhead Lakeport CA

Any

Yes I've seen that link too. I'm wondering what the angles are though. He's also using a "modified" twisted dovetail.

setup?
That is a pretty entertaining website.
Dave

This link may have a bit more for you, but no angles. Nice example anyway...
http://neil.verplank.org/furniture/joinery.htm

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 03:49:32 GMT, "LostInSpace"
Just do them - they're much easier than you'd think.
You need to be able to accurately saw a dovetail and have them assemble straight off, without chisel work. It's useful to mark them out on paper first (both halves), because the spacing is uneven and it's easy to make a joint that simply doesn't match.
I seems the tails and pins alternate on the side and the pins bevel out. The end piece just has beveled pins. This pic seems to show it the best.
http://www.thewoodenbow.com/images_furn/box4resized.JPG

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 03:49:32 GMT, "LostInSpace"
wrote:

The book "David Charlesworth's Furniture-Making Techniques" descibes how he cuts them on a bandsaw.
Only one P in my real address/ Un seul P dans ma vritable adresse