Japanese wood carving

I have a carving by T.Uotila of Suomi Hiki from 1735. can anyone tell me where I can find out more about it. Thanks Les
les wrote:

Look for an antiques forum maybe. Or do a google search
say news:rec.antiques maybe???
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
les wrote:

Based on your description, I'd say the carving was Finnish.
Regards,
Dave Vermilyea
Indeed. If I am not mistaken Suomi is the Finnish name for Finland. Uotila is a Finnish name as well.
--
'
"Dave Vermilyea" < snipped-for-privacy@tds.net> wrote in message
news:4261216e$1 snipped-for-privacy@newspeer2.tds.net...
Thanks for the tip dave,I'll look into it. but what makes you think it's Finnish ?