Japanese waterstone (power) sharpeners?

I'm looking for a low-RPM motorized japanese waterstone sharpener along the lines of the Makita that seems to be no longer available. Does anyone have experience with any that are still commercially available? I want to be able to do 13" planer knives like n the Makita.
I see you can find the Makita occasionally on Ebay, but the continued availability of replacement stones is a concern... or not?
Thanks!
Merle

Just a general comment: Make sure whatever sharpener you get is _rigid_. I've had poor experiences with tools like this because I bought cheap off brands and they flexed.
I might get another one, but only if I paid enough for good quality.
--RC
You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes
snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com wrote:

Just to follow up- I thought the Makita was being discontinued because Amazon listed it as "no longer available" a few weeks ago. I see it is there once again, and also through Grizzley and Highland. $250-$280 On the other hand there is a knockoff labeled "PowerFist" for $99 on Ebay. Looks much lighter weight, especially in the blade holder.
FYI - I have a very lightly used Makita like what you are looking for that I'm looking to sell reasonably. I am no longer able to do wood working due to disability.
Best, Dave

can you clarify your email address?
Thanks
Sure Merle, just "untie" it. As in remove "knot" and that's the address.
Best, Dave

the makita is not too bad. it's not perfect but it is the best one out there in that price range. those cheap ones man they have to suck the delta sharpening center sure did (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

makita is about the only thinking out there. grizzly has a grinder for planer knives. it is horizontal and has a water drip but is high speed. You can convert a makita to using sandpaper. the wheels are ok but for some reason every wheel I have used on a makita gets a high spot on one side. I have used several makita stones and other brands and even the only shapton stones and they have all done this.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes