Japanese smoothing planes - camber?

For those of you that use japanese style plane irons, do you hone them with a camber, or ease the corners a little? Thanks. JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Jay Pique wrote in news:3416388b-432c-4dd7-917a- snipped-for-privacy@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

I think it depends on the planes usage, on a smoother I tend to ease the corners, which will minimize the plane tracks, on a larger plane made for taking thicker shavings I will try to hone the camber in.....

Reply to
DCH