Japanese saw with improved grip

Has anyone modified a Japanese saw to improve the grip? I normally wear gloves with a rubber coating when sawing, otherwise the wrapping is too slippery and my hand gets tired. It's one of the downsides of a pull saw (and, I suppose, an occupation involving mainly typing). I recently injured the thumb of my right hand and was having a bit of difficulty when finishing the cut with one hand. Am thinking an added knob near the end might help. Thoughts?
--
Joe Riel

I'd try wrapping the handle with a bit of white cloth tape. (Other colors will probably work, I keep white tape around for the top of my hockey sticks.) If you need a knob at the end, you can wrap the tape around several times to form the knob or twist the tape as you're wrapping it to build up thickness faster.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 7/22/2013 5:48 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

I don't know if this would help, but I bought some tennis racket grip material years ago to make the (poorly-designed) handle on a speaker cabinet more comfortable. In the bargain, I found that it was a lot easier to keep a firm grip on it.
snipped-for-privacy@none.com writes:

Thanks. That second one is expensive: $4.50 for a 1"x12" strip.
--
Joe Riel

On 7/22/2013 10:03 PM, Joe Riel wrote:

Not if it fits the bill.
My light used to wander on my band saw... this tape stopped that. It was a strong enough magnet, but since it is sliding it would not hold.
I bought extra figuring there'll be more uses.
--
Jeff

On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:16:51 PM UTC-7, Joe Riel wrote:

The proper grip technique for a Japanese saw is with your pointing finger o ver the top of the blade. This will reduce slipping of your grip, help with guidance and also adds some slight down pressure farther down the blade wh ich smooths the cutting process.
I would think you wouldn't need any additional grip assistance or you may b e working the saw too hard.