Japanese replaceable blade saw - tip-hardened or not?

Hello

I'm looking at buying a replaceable blade Ryoba and while looking around I have been wondering about something:

The cheapest ryobas have tip-hardened teeth while the more expensive saws have fully hardened blades. I can't for the life of me figure out the purpose of a replaceable blade, that can be resharpened.

As far as I understand it, it is almost impossible to sharpen the blades yourself and anyway that would defeat the purpose of the replaceable blade. Having the blade sharpened professionally will be more expensive that buying a new blade and can only be justified with expensive handmade saws. The blade will dull faster than a tip-hardened blade (right?), so you will end up buying more expensive replacement blades more often.

What am I missing???

Thank you Jesper Korsgaard, Denmark

Reply to
Jesper Korsgaard

You have a spare blade to use when the dull one is sent out to get resharpened.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Ahrens