Japanese Plane

Hi All.
I just got for my birthday this http://hidatool.com/woodpage/plane/yokosaka.html plane. The one which is 48 mm. width. And is it nice. :) At least now I have an idea of what a good plane suppose to be like.
--
Dmitri

$200 for a plane?!?!?!?! Anta wa henai gaijin!
Wade Lippman wrote:

Looks like good price for a good plane. This is a smoother. I use other less expensive planes to condition boards.
--
Dmitri

: Hi All.
: I just got for my birthday this : http://hidatool.com/woodpage/plane/yokosaka.html plane. The one which : is 48 mm. width. And is it nice. :) At least now I have an idea of : what a good plane suppose to be like.
Just out of curiosity, do you know why there's such a big price jump in the larger sizes? The 65mm one is three times the price of the 48mm one.
    -- Andy Barss