James Died?

Page 2 of 2
Somebody wrote:
> I wonder if anyone packed it in when Sinatra died?
Without question, Sinatra set the standard; however, even he recognized where no to go.
When asked about recording "Scotch & Soda", he supposedly responded that Bob Shane's rendition put that song out of reach for anybody else.
Bob Shane, who he?
Think Kingston Trio.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

probably because he was so genre-specific.
Bob

Up the Irons Barry. \m/
- jbd
Freddie wrote:

Yeeesss sir!
I caught a fantastic USA opening night of the current tour in Hartford. If more musicians drank and smoked less and played more "football", they could all sound that good in their 50's. I never sat down during the show.
I never sat down at the 5-6 JB shows I saw either. The cast of thousands on stage always gave me a chuckle, too!