James Died?

Page 1 of 2
Aretha. Sam and Dave. The Four Tops. The Chambers Brothers. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. Martha and the Vandals (don't even try), Marvin Gaye, The Commadores, Gladys, The Supremes, Tempt's,
Jesus Wept...
That man will be missed.
Regards,
Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

So did Charlie Drake.... Same day I think.
Mekon

I read an editorial that suggested that, for a guy who didn't live his life paying much heed to the Surgeon General's health recommendations, J. B. was doing pretty damn well to cheat the grim reaper for 73 years.
Yep, Papa's got a brand new box.
Tom Watson wrote:

And Buddy, on the day the music died.
Bob Tryin' one anyway: Martha and the Vandellas

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.
Buddy
Buddy Matlosz wrote:

Not you, fool--the one with talent.
Bob

Jeez, touchy li'l asshole, aintcha?
B.
Buddy, I think that was meant as humor. Forgot the emoticon.

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

I should have included a smiley...
Bob

Neither am I.

Let's drop it.
B.
Yeah, lets.
You're both nice people who have misunderstood each other. 'Nuff said.
Watson - listening t his newly acquired Will The Circle Be Unbroken off of the iTunes site, so he don't have to copy it from vinyl.
There's more good music on this bad boy than I can process.
The only bad thing I've found is that Honky Tonking ain't nowhere near as good as Hank's.
Doc and Merl are awsome, though.
Regards,
Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Tom Watson wrote:

Back on that Lost Highway, eh? Which Circle, Tom--1 or 2?
BTW, who sang "Wildwood Flower" in "Walk the Line?" It was ostensibly June Carter (pre-Cash) but it wasn't her sound at all. I suspect it was lip-synched to a Maybelle Carter original. Anyone?

Thous hast said it. I put 150 CDs worth of my junk on a 30gb iPod and filled only 3/8th of it. Now to hard wire it to my truck's stereo system and life is complete.
The only quirk I've found in the iPod is that it was apparently designed for earbud-type reproduction--no bass. So the iPod is heavy on bass and when I run it through my home stereo I need to dial way back on bass and way up on treble.
Bob
"Bob Schmall" wrote in message

Menu|Settings|EQ ... turn it to OFF and see if you still have the problem. Of the 6 iPods we've had, none of them have exhibited the problem you mention.
BTW, do hardwire it to your truck stereo and don't fall for the FM xmitter, or you will be missing the bass, sorely!
My truck stereo has a stereo aux input ... wouldn't leave home without it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07
Swingman wrote:

logjamelectronics.com can put an aux input into almost any factory stereo. The adaptor I have for my Toyota Tacoma allows me to set the CD changer to disc 1 / track 1, eject the CD, and listen to the aux. Put the CD back in and the CD plays. It was ~ $75 and took less than 15 minutes to install following radio removal instructions on the net.
Once you go direct, nothing else will do!
"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Got something similar for my daughter's Subaru for her 21st birthday last year, but it does it's fancy stuff with an iPod instead of the CD changer. It lets her control the iPod, hidden in the console between the seats but directly connected to the stereo, with the car radio/stereo controls.
The idea was to *hopefully* keep her eyes, and attention, on the road and not be futzing with the iPod while driving ... hopefully.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Did you hear that the funeral took three times longer than expected because of all his wardrobe changes?
;-)
Dave Balderstone wrote:

I used to say the same about Tip O'Neill.
Regards,
Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Thank the stars Les Paul will go on forever. I'm pretty sure he's working on making himself bionic.
Sure hope I don't outlive Clapton.
I wonder if anyone packed it in when Sinatra died?
charlie b

With all the respect I have for those guys, and it's a lot.
This is the musician who I will truly miss some day:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harris_%28musician%29>