Jaguar's paw wood?

I have a friend who has been asked to supply and fit some Jaguar's Paw wood. I've never heard of it. Has anybody any info on it and a source?
Many thanks
Noel

I've heard of Cat's Paw. http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/_cat 's%20paw.htm
Is this something he wants in the dashboard of a Jaguar?
Thanks for that Edwin. Here's the full story from England - " went to see an old client today who wants to commission a large cabinet that will house his wifes clock collection. In the main it will be made from Maple, with 5mm bevel glass in the doors and side panels.
This is all easy enough but it is the wood for the inlay and door knobs that has got me stumped. She wants these made out of "Jaguars Paw" and nothing else will do. Now i am far from an expert on exotic woods but i have never heard of this. I have looked in every book i have got but none of these mention it. A search on the internet also proved fruitless. I did ask his wife if she had seen any of it before and apparently her sisters husband who lives in the USA had some which he came across in his dads workshop. He in turn got it a few years ago at a wood fair. All he remembers is that it was very expensive, but worth every penny as it is beautiful."
So, any further information appreciated.
Regards
Noel

I have to wonder, did the seller make up the name? It may have reminded him of a Jaguar's paw and thus he called it that for wont of a better name. If you can get a photo of it, someone here may recognize it under another name. Ed
Snip

Could this possibly be a stone? Some times stones are inlayed in to wood.
It was somewhere outside Barstow when c_address snipped-for-privacy@europe.com wrote:

Run a mile. She knows more about woodworking than you do (and will never forget it, or stop reminding you).
I can only guess that this is the "cat scratch" figure that appears in some timbers.
c_address snipped-for-privacy@europe.com wrote: : I have a friend who has been asked to supply and fit some Jaguar's Paw : wood. I've never heard of it. Has anybody any info on it and a source?
I've run across the term, but it might have been in reference to a particular type of figure, not the wood species itself.
I'd contaqct Mitch at Tropical Exotic Hardwoods, and a venner place like B & B Rare Hardwoods.
    -- Andy Barss
c_address snipped-for-privacy@europe.com wrote:

Check with these folks. Them might know the wood:
http://www.westpennhardwoodsamazon.com /
I've ordered from them in he past and have had great service.
Stuartg Johnson Red Oak, Texas
The only reference I am aware of is Jaguar's Paw feet on a stool ...
c_address snipped-for-privacy@europe.com wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek