Jacobson chuck key needed.

I've got an old drill press that belonged to my grandfather, but the chuck key has gone missing. I don't know who the DP manufacturer is, the chuck is model MC8K64.
Any ideas where I can buy a new key for not too many dollars? The DP is a bit of a rust bucket and low on 'features', so I'd rather just buy a new DP if a key is big $$$.
Bill Stock wrote:

You don't say where you're located--if you're in the US try Sears--they generally have a variety of keys in stock.
--
--John
I had a drill with a wierd chuck and after a couple bad guesses I ended up taking the chuck with me and matched it up.

I already bought a universal chuck from BusyBee, but it wasn't. :)
Problem is I read something about needing special wedges to get the Jacobson chucks loose.
Maybe I'll do some measurements and try Sears as John recommended. It might even be a Crapsman for all I know.

You mean Jacobs, not Jacobson. I believe the key model that needs is the KK, but I'm not positive. This is the actual key number by the way, not the part number on the card.
Dependind on how your chuck is set up, it either needs a Morse wedge or a set of Jacobs wedges to remove it. Both are cheap.
What model and size drill press is this? That chuck sounds like a small one.
GTO(John)

chuck
is
DP
KK,
part
set
one.
I took the beast apart tonight, but can't find a make or model number. It's about an 18" benchtop DP. Chuck says 1/2-20 as well.

1/2-20? Sounds like the thread. In this case, no wedges. The chuck simply unscrews off. Must be a very, very small drill press. Almost none are threaded. The KK key is probably the right one, then. It's used on smaller 1/2 chucks for handheld drills.
GTO(John)