Jacobs Power Collet experience anyone?

I have and use the MLCS extender. It extends the bit a little too far for my liking, but until I picked up a Jacobs Power Collet, it was one of the 1 or 2 solutions for a plunge router out there (the Jacobs Power Collet was on closeout). The Power Collet appears to extend the bit a perfect distance for my DW625, but I don't have any long term experience. I say long term because the collet is a quick change concept where you put the bit into the collet and push the outer ring down and it "snaps" on the bit tightly. It is great for above the table bit changes in seconds.
I did a search on the web and never found any real problem with the design, but since it went out of production about 3 years or so ago, I have not seen any recent posts either positive or negative. If anyone has some knowledge about its long term performance, please let me know. I can understand why it went out of favor for handheld use. It demanded extenders for the baseplate of the router and I am sure that was not acceptable to the majority of router owners.
[slightly OT] If anyone knows of a source for one of these I'd be very interested to know! Or has one they'd like to sell.
They are shown in the WoodRat video, and I haven't found anything half as good for my Rat yet .... some quick change mechanism would make life a lot nicer!

It sounds like a smart-ass answer, but the quickest quick change is buying another router... or two. They don't have to be Festools, Feins Tritons either. Many regularly used bit operations don't require ultra-high precision.
YMMV
You may be right. For the WoodRat that means I'd be buying some extra base plates too ... not sure I can justify this to my piggy bank!
I can see your answer for hand held use and I do indeed have another router I use for that, where the regular bit changing actually doesn't bother me that much anyway.

I've got one for a DW625 that I don't use anymore, as my table houses a PC now. You can email me if you like. Tom
I have one (brand new in the bubble pack) for PC 690 series....
Bob S.

Go to chipsfly.com to buy the Jacobs. That's the website for Craftsman Gallery. I bought one for my WoodRat using the DeWalt 625 router.
Lewis Stepp at the Craftsman Gallery is a woodworking expert and he would advise you. I know he advised me that large diameter panel cutting bits are above the limit (safety) for my equipment.
Gary Curtis California
Gary Curtis wrote: Go to chipsfly.com to buy the Jacobs. That's the website for Craftsman Gallery. I bought one for my WoodRat using the DeWalt 625 router.
How long ago did you buy that collet? I can't locate a "Jacobs" collet on that site. Tom