J. E. Moser's water based floor finishes from Woodworkers Supply

Any one have experience with this brand of finish?

My experience has been poor. It was applied over an oil base stain on an old oak floor in my living room. The stain, we found out later had not had enough time to dry according to the supplier and that appears to be the case! You could scrape the four coats of finish off with your finger nail on most places. All of the old Moser finish has been removed, the floor lightly sanded and has been drying for almost two weeks with fans running 24/7!

I now find out that the product has been discontinued by Woodworker's Supply and I have the rest of the floors in the house to do.

Should I buy up their remaining stock or can some body recommend a better product? Waterbase products are preferred by the gentleman who is doing the floors. He is like me, an amateur wood worker and not a professional floor finisher. If time permits I will do some of the floors my self.

Thanks for your interest.

Al Pepling

Reply to
Al Pepling

get thee to a Bonakemi distributor. They make EXCELLENT floor finishing products both with and without catalyzers. I used Mega. "Traffic" is used on gym floors--very tough but uses a catalyzer.

dave

Al Pepl> Any one have experience with this brand of finish?

Reply to
Bay Area Dave