Izza a mitre gauge and fence a reeely danjurous combo?

Yeah, you betcha.

Had my head waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up my a$$ this morning. Lord only knows what the heck I was thinking - or not thinking. Was cutting 2" 4/4 blocks. There was the fence - pinching them 'tween blade and fence.

That lil' 1 3/4hp whizzed blade picked up a pair of them - threw one into the drywall and shattered the other into shrapnel.

I always wear a full face shield, thick coveralls and stand way to the left. I count this as a Warning Shot Across the Bow.

Woodworking Machines don't kill... ...But stupidity sure as hell can!

Reply to
patrick conroy

"patrick conroy"

: Yeah, you betcha. : : Had my head waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up my a$$ this morning. Lord only knows what : the heck I was thinking - or not thinking. : Was cutting 2" 4/4 blocks. There was the fence - pinching them 'tween blade : and fence. : : That lil' 1 3/4hp whizzed blade picked up a pair of them - threw one into : the drywall and shattered the other into shrapnel.

On my web site is an attempt to explain what could be called a British (or American) Standard Accident.

Please see Circular Sawbench Safety - Fences. : : I always wear a full face shield, thick coveralls and stand way to the left. : I count this as a Warning Shot Across the Bow.

I know of an eye (not mine) that was lost through this situation.

Jeff G

Reply to
Jeff Gorman