It's Here....

Page 1 of 2
Got it today - the DeWalt 618B I ordered last week. I touched it several times but won't get to use it until the weekend. Might have to touch it more between now and then...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

If you must, wash your hands and wear gloves, lest you soil the surface or leave unsightly fingerprints.
so what does the "B" stand for Mike? I don't see it on the dewalt site when searching there.
dave
Mike Marlow wrote:

Base kit, I think. It comes with the standard two knob base, the D handle base and the plunge base. Look on Amazon.com, you'll see it there. I have to go now. Have to go look at it some more. Someone else already told me I can't touch it anymore or I'll get it dirty, so I'm just looking at it for now. Man, I sure wish I could touch it again...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

Put it in perspective Man. Consider it like a new girlfriend. In the beginning, all you want to do is touch. Fast forward a few years and she's gained weight, the kids have grown up and destroyed most of your tools. You're on the verge of a divorce where you'll probably lose the house in the process.
Still want to touch your new router? :)

Geez, you must have poor luck with the females! My wife weighs what see did when we got married 21 years ago. She still gets carded in bars! The bouncers give her a double take when they see her age is 42! The kid has no interest in my shop tools, although SWMBO is starting to show some! She wanted a board cut and routed for a wall plaque of some sort and did NOT want me to do it for her. She came out to the shop and insisted that I show her how to do it. she did it all herself with me looking over her shoulder. Greg
what were you peering (leering) at when "looking over her shoulder"? <g>
dave
Greg O wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Upscale wrote:

Oh man - that was low. Now I almost want to send it back...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
In typed:

Sounds like my last girlfriend. :0
Man, I sure wish I could touch it again...
You'll go blind!
D. Winsor wrote:

Only 'till I need glasses then.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
I have the same package. Go ahead and touch it, even get her dirty. She likes it that way.

That's nice, what the hell is a DeWalt 618B or are you expecting everyone who hasn't memorized part and model numbers to go rushing for a catalog?
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

A thing of Beauty and a Joy........well, for a while, then a NEW model will catch your eye. Just stay busy with The One You Love.
Oh, THAT DeWalt.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

Personally I think the 629x/11e49er is nicer to look at. ;~)
Yes, but nowhere near the tactile quality.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net
Mike G wrote: