It's all Texas' Fault

Page 1 of 2
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study-links-global-warming-to-texas-heat-waves-1.873036
Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire. :)
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study-links-global-warming-to-texas-heat-waves-1.873036
We call it Summer down here. And this week while miserably humid, not hot at all. Low to mid 80's for several days now.
The issue was the Sun.
The sun has been hotter in recent years and no one could figure why. The snow on Mars and other planets vaporized.
Without solar flares the earth would not get good weather. The Jet streams would not be in proper positions and Pacific storms would not generate. We are, this year, starting to get 1 jet stream to live in the lower 48 states. There are typically or always (now almost) two. During the summer one moves north and the southern moves north.
Winter there are two. The jet streams move Highs and Lows across the nation. Without movement, static storms just continue to cause Mayhem.
This was the hidden addenda of the environmentalists who knew the relationship of solar flares and jet streams. A certain former VP jumped into fame by stating the obvious.
Martin
On 7/10/2012 8:42 PM, Leon wrote:

Martin Eastburn wrote:

you are now on Agores hit list.
Using such logic is not to be tolerated, you must drink the kool-aid
"Leon" wrote in message
We call it Summer down here.
Our other season is called December/January.
Dave in Houston
On 7/11/2012 7:49 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:

No, It is called Summer and Christmas. ;~)

There are but two temperatures there: TFC and TFH, right?
(too bloody cold, etc.)
-- It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study-links-global-warming-to-texas-heat-waves-1.873036
The report mentions only 2011. It was pretty warm that year.
But the winter before - and the winter before that (2009 and 2010) we had real snow 5 or 6 times each winter. Real blizzard stuff. Lasted a week or more each time.
But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this if the egg heads blame it on the sun???
On 7/10/2012 9:56 PM, Richard wrote:

If you do a little research. :~) The Greenies have an explanation as to how cold weather is caused by global warming. They just can't let go of the idea that this thing that most of us have recognized all of our lives as seasonal changes is not unusual.
Toss in to this the sensationalism that the greenie weather forecasters have tried to fly in under the radar.
Have you noticed that temperatures are often reported as "x" degrees above normal? Correctly stated it should be announced as "x" degrees above "average". FWIW it is normal for temperatures to fluctuate and not match up with average temperatures at all. But then again," for the cause", stating the facts is just not as exciting as reporting the temperatures in a way that sounds bad.
What we really have happening is "global over study", for profit.

I was watching the news last night (local Toronto news so take it with a grain of salt) and there was a section on the Texas drought this year. They also mentioned how all the farmer's field are stunted in growth due to drought in mass areas of the US.
Naturally, the concern was how much this was going to cost Canada when we import vegetables and fruit up here this year.
On 7/11/2012 7:04 AM, Dave wrote:

We will not be exporting this year, you are on your own. :~)

West Texas is a desert. It's not surprising that it doesn't rain.

On 7/11/2012 9:11 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

West and west all the way east to about San Antonio.

Manufacture tin foil hats?
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:00:11 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"

Greenies can't actually make anything. They're inhibitors.
Richard wrote:

Right. I saw a report the other day that this summer set record temperatures in 25 states!
Now if "warming" is "global" why weren't records set in the other 25 states plus DC and six other states? And why, again if warming is "global", is the UK bothered by an cold and wet summer?
I just wish these "scientists" would get back to saving the whales or burning the bra or some other mass movement that gives their life meaning and quit farking with normal folk.

How many times have you been told to find out the difference between "climate" and "weather"?
Bob Martin wrote:

The people who make a distinction between "weather" and "global warming" are science deniers and anti-alarmists. The global warming advocates may be wrong about the climate, but "global warming" is but a means to an end. Those who trumpet the cause are really trying to raise the adrenaline level of their acolytes.
Why they would want this, I do not know, but it's obviously their life's work.
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 07:43:00 +0000, Bob Martin wrote:

The global deniers come out in force every time the subject comes up. I think it's the same bunch that swore Saddam had WMD. When none showed up, they claimed they were hidden. After all these years, not one Iragi has come forth and said for the right price he'd show them to us. That's roughly equal to the number of posters here who've posted their apologies for being wrong :-).
Since most of us here seem to be seasoned citizens, it may be that the argument won't be resolved until we're all dead. But if it's resolved sooner than that, you can be sure that the same deafening silence will prevail :-).

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:39:14 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

Ever notice how AGWK alarmists always evade the questions and put the attention on something entirely unrelated? It's called "distraction" or "diversion" or "deflection". They never address the problem or lack of data, they only diss the messenger.
And, as much as I hate to play into your liberal generalizations there, I'll bet you'd eat your words if Shrub hadn't put off the search for the WMDs for weeks/month, giving them time to hide or redistribute everything of interest.
P.S: Tell the thousands of dead people the Iraquis had no WMDs.
From the wmd Wiki: Chemical weapon attacks Main article: Iraqi chemical weapons program Location     Weapon Used     Date     Casualties Haij Umran     Mustard     August 1983     fewer than 100 Iranian/Kurdish Panjwin     Mustard     OctoberNovember 1983     3,001 Iranian/Kurdish Majnoon Island     Mustard     FebruaryMarch 1984     2,500 Iranians al-Basrah     Tabun     March 1984     50-100 Iranians Hawizah Marsh     Mustard & Tabun     March 1985     3,000 Iranians al-Faw     Mustard & Tabun     February 1986     8,000 to 10,000 Iranians Um ar-Rasas     Mustard     December 1986     1,000s Iranians al-Basrah     Mustard & Tabun     April 1987     5,000 Iranians Sumar/Mehran     Mustard & nerve agent     October 1987     3,000 Iranians Halabjah     Mustard & nerve agent     March 1988     7,000s Kurdish/Iranian al-Faw     Mustard & nerve agent     April 1988     1,000s Iranians Fish Lake     Mustard & nerve agent     May 1988     100s or 1,000s Iranians Majnoon Islands     Mustard & nerve agent     June 1988     100s or 1,000s Iranians South-central border     Mustard & nerve agent     July 1988     100s or 1,000s Iranians an-Najaf - Karbala area     Nerve agent & CS     March 1991     Unknown
-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen