It Never Rains, It Pours

Just a personal Gripe. A couple of weeks ago my Bosch Jigsaw bit the dust. Three days ago the Bosch ROS went to tool heaven and yesterday the 12v Ryobi drill turned belly up. :(
The jigsaw had had heavy use and was about 4 years old so not unexpected. ROS was about 5yrs old although had only light use. The drill was about 5 yrs old and had had a hard life.
They reckon it comes in three's lets hope it's true. The only good part it NEW TOYS. :)
Ah well I had nothing else to spend my cash on, (Yea Right)
Now the fun part, picking replacements :)
regards John

Considering how everything you touch stops working, do be very careful when you take a leak.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Might have to take a leaf out of "Wacko Jacko's" book and start wearing a glove :)

unexpected.
ARe you sure that you are not destroying powertools by running them with inadequate voltage? Any brownouts in your area?
--
Best regards
Han

Excellent question. (Doesn't apply to the Ryobi 12V though).
If the bearings are shot, again, the low voltage isn't the issue. If the windings are shot, low voltage certainly could be a factor.
Han wrote:

The Jigsaw literaly went up in smoke. Was doing quite a bit of work with it and thought that the new blade had bunted very quickly. It wasn't the blade the machine must have been slowing down a bit. Anyhow only 3 or 4 more cuts and the job would be done. Not to be the next cut a funny smell then heaps of smoke. In The BIN
The sander just slowed a couple of times, sped up and stopped dead, Nada, nothing. Cant even take it apart to check it out as it has those weird star shaped screw heads. Thought I have you beat you bastard, I've got some bits that shape, however, when placed in the driver they would not reach far enough into the body to contact the screws. In the BIN
The 12v Drill was a first ?? I've had batteries pack it in, bearings go, triggers play-up, but have never had a battery item smoke. Yep funny smell and then smoke.
As for Brown outs! None that I've noticed.
I'm not bad a mechanical stuff, replacing bearings etc.. but that electricity stuff scares the shit out of me and I only do what I have to with it.
regards John

<snip>
I had a 14.4 volt handyman special do that to me. Lovely aroma.
--
Archangel - Jack of all trades, mastering some...

Archangel & RavenSky's personal pages:
Cant even take it apart to check it out as it has those

(Amazon.com product link shortened)26842890/sr=8-7/ref=sr_8__i6_xgl60/104-7251484-2942354?v=glance&s=hi&nU3294
Torx driver is what you need. Get the individual long reach driver and you should be able to take it apart.