It is a gloat!!

Page 1 of 2
(see OP subj: Has the makings of a gloat)
ok... I'm shaking because I'm so excited. I went to look at the tools the guy had in his barn who stopped by last night (again see OP).
Sitting on a trailer is a Jet 15 inch planer, fairly rusted. Laying down beside it was a Wilton profile sander. Then my eye caught what I had come to see....a Delta DJ20. Nice and clean with only a minimal amount of rust on the bed. I tried not to show any excitement as I looked over the Jet planer as a distraction. Off handily I asked what he wanted for the planer and he goes into his spill about how he wants to get his money out of it all. I remind him I had just bought a planer and wasn't real interested so he asked me if I was interested at all in the jointer? I casually move over to the jointer and start looking it over... it's clean.... then my eye spots something. The fence support is cracked which I point out. Other than that it seems to be all in good shape. I look the bed over real close to see if there was any damage, check the fence...nope good shape. I know.. I know.. you are waiting for me to drop the gloat..... here it is....
"What would you take for it?"
" You tell me what you want to give."
"I don't want to insult you."
"You aren't going to insult me. I'll either tell you yes or no."
"Well it does have a broken part that's going to have to be replaced..."
"Well I didn't even know that was like that till you pointed it out to me but now I can see it."
" I don't know.... a hundred dollars?"
"ok"
somebody pinch me..<g>
Congratulations!!!!
An excellent gloat! You suck!

Dude - you sucketh big time.
Nice score.
BTW - where r u located - if you really are not going to take the planer - Im need of one.
Thanks Rob
You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
remove _ to get the correct address

fort worth Texas.....like I said the planer needs a ton of cleaning up
Omigawd! ... a DJ20 for $100! ... Dude, YOU SUCK so big you oughta be ashamed of yourself.
If you can't bear the shame, I will be glad to share some of for you ... say double your money?
Congratulations ... post pictures of proof immediately upon delivery
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/12/04

So let's see an 8" jointer for $100, I guess that means your 6" is worth $75. I'll give you $50 for it since it really has no value to you now. Nice score!!!
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"mel" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Mel writes:

You truly suck. Now, go get the fence brace brazed for 10 bucks.
Charlie Self "Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves." Dorothy Parker
Heck.. a new one is only $85
mel wrote:

Pinch. <g> If he got his money back on that, offer him similar for the other tools, fix 'em up, & ebay them.
-- Mark
Pinch you? You should be indicted for grand theft!!
Congrats, he probably still made money. Seeing as he didn't know what the hell it was, he couldn't have paid that much.

">

We'll do one better, we will MUG YOU.
YOU
SSSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUU UUUUU CCCCCCCCCCCC KKKK KKKK SSSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUU UUUUU CCCCCCCCCCCCC KKKK KKKK SSSSS UUUUUU UUUUU CCCCCCC KKKK KKKK SSSSSSS UUUUUU UUUUU CCCCCC KKKK KKKK SSSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUU UUUUU CCCCC KKKK KKKK SSSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUU UUUUU CCCCC KKKK KKKK SSSSSSSS UUUUUU UUUUU CCCCCC KKKKKKK SSSSSSSSS UUUUUUU UUUUUU CCCCCCCC KKKK KKKK SSSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CCCCCCCCCCCCC KKKK KKKKK SSSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CCCCCCCCCCCC KKKK KKKKK
Congrats..

I can't even think of a good smart assed remark to cover this one. Damn, that IS a gloat. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
You Lucky Bitch,

As a matter of fact, thats it! your done for the rest of your life. Full retail and e bay prices for you from now on. :>) LOL
Is that part able to be welded, or will it need replaced? Not that it matters, even if the part was $400 , your still ahead. Tony D.

it's busted pretty good and a new one is on $85... I'd feel better replacing it than trying to get it fixed. <still grinning>

No point in reminding you how much you suck at this point, but if I were you, I'd go back and negotiate a deal for the whole pile at that kind of pricing.
Fix up everything and sell what you don't want in the newspaper.
Frank
<snip>

Don't you just hate it when they jump on your offer without haggling. Makes you wonder what would have happened if you'd have said: "How about $50 bucks?"
Gene
Maybe $100 for all of it...? The fact of the matter was it was broken and rusty!
Sucker born every day (and I just need to get to some auctions) lol
Mike
Gene wrote:

You suck. And stink, and whatever else I can say! Great deal man. SH