ISO 16" Continuous Hinges

Anyone know where I can source some 3/16 x 1 1/2 x 16" steel continuous hinges? I'm making some simple storage containers and would like some simple to install hinges. Thanks -
JP

cut 'em to size, out of some longer ones?
Hi Jay,
DAGS for "piano hinge". Rockler stock it. Simply cut it to size with a hacksaw.
I'm not sure that I uderstand your dimensions, which seem to imply that you're looking for an assymetric hinge. All the piano hinges I've seen have had leaves of equal sizes.
HTH
Frank

"Frank McVey wrote:

If I do this, will I still be able to somehow keep the pin from falling out? I'm pretty light on metalworking skills....

Not asymetric - the dimensions listed are Thickness x Width x Length. The leaves are each 3/4". If I need to, I'll get a couple 48 inchers and cut them down into thirds less a couple of kerf widths. I'm guessing I should remove the pin prior to cutting so as to have enough left to pein over?
JP

Crimp and or flatten the bottom end at the pin if the pin wants to come out.. A lite whack with a hammer should do it. Home Depot and Lowes also have these hinges.
Leon wrote:

Or a drop of red Loctite (Loctite 271 if you're getting it from an industrial supplier). Don't use too much though.

--
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Make sure you're fastening the same leaf to the pin, whichever way you go. Joe

this probably won't be necessary. Pretty much all piano hinges have the pin crimped in every few inches. they're made to be cut to length.

Jay, check out Grizzly web site and discontinued tools. I received a flyer with a shipment yesterday. One of the items was piano hinges. Do not recall sizes or prices but might be worth a look. mike