Is Zinnser's SealCoat just blond shellac?

I need some dewaxed blond shellac for a birdseye mable panel. Is Zinnser SealCoat simply

100% dewaxed blond shellac, or are there flattening agents in there as well?
Reply to
brian_j_roth

's just dewaxed shellac... I'm using it right now on a project and it isn't materially adding color.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

From Zinnser's web site:

"SealCoat offers the timesaving versatility of refined shellac in a pre-mixed 2 lb. cut 100% wax-free formula."

IIRC, Zinnser makes no claim to it being "blond" as the color may vary depending on their source, time of year, and what the lac bug happened to be feeding on.

Reply to
Nova

In addition, it's not pure shellac as Zinnser adds something to keep it good for 2-3 years. Don't know what the something is.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard