is your PC 690/693 motor stuck in the plunge base? Then look here:

http://www.newwoodworker.com/tips693pk.html
Happened to me this morning. Wish I had know about this before I threw a tantrum in front of my kids...
Patrick,
I believe it's Pat Warner's site ( www.patwarner.com ) is where I found the tips, or maybe it was that Pat posted them here. Clean the inside of the base and the motor using 0000 steel wool or other fine abrasive being sure there are no burr's. If there are, file them down. Next, coat both with a paste wax and polish with special attention to the spiral indentations and wipe off any excess wax after it's dried.
After doing that and keeping the bases waxed, I've not experienced any more binding with mine.
Bob S.

The part that I tend to forget is the allen screw. ;-)
While we're discussing the PC 69x plunge base, are there any tiplets (tmKB) to making this beast work more smoothly? I've used mine maybe three, four times, but twice in the last week, and the action seems a bit stiff and clunky.
That said, it was exactly the tool needed to help make the trash can lid/cyclone/chip & chunk seperator today. I'd like it to work more smoothly, before starting into a bunch of mortises for loose tenon joinery. (End tables...)
Patriarch

I'm convinced there's just one: take it off, and put it up on a very high shelf - perferably out of sight. Then run down and buy a DW621...
"Clunky" is too nice of a way to describe it.

the mount slipping so have changed my 'technique' to be exactly the same as advised in the tip. Don't seat the motor into the base, a gentle tap after loosening the allen screw frees the motor.
BTW, I use the PC Plunge base with a Bosch motor and have the same effect as the PC motor.
TWS