is this osage

Electric Comet

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.

Reply to
Markem

That sure yellow like Osage Orange or Horse Apple wood.

I have a stick of it that I have aged for 30 years. In the

20 year time, I put it on my metal lathe and turned down a cylinder. It is so hard it shines. I then let that continue to calm.

No telling what I'll make, but it is beautiful.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

interesting because silica dust is bad stuff

slice and dice your lungs

for hand carving and shaping though no problem

Reply to
Electric Comet

supposed to make good long bows

Reply to
Electric Comet

Yew sure about that?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Get a Festool dust extractor.

Reply to
krw

Some would argue that the the risk of lung disease is an acceptable risk compared to the expense of a Festool dust Extractor.

I'm not one. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Well, you were sleeping on the job so I thought I'd help out. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I appreciate it! LOL

Reply to