is this osage

http://images.craigslist.org/01616_7V7O08lP6BE_1200x900.jpg
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:39:49 -0700, Electric Comet

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.
That sure yellow like Osage Orange or Horse Apple wood.
I have a stick of it that I have aged for 30 years. In the 20 year time, I put it on my metal lathe and turned down a cylinder. It is so hard it shines. I then let that continue to calm.
No telling what I'll make, but it is beautiful.
Martin
On 6/14/2016 5:22 PM, Markem wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:36:41 -0500

supposed to make good long bows

Yew sure about that?
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:22:10 -0500

interesting because silica dust is bad stuff
slice and dice your lungs
for hand carving and shaping though no problem
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:24:50 -0700, Electric Comet

Get a Festool dust extractor.

On 6/15/2016 8:51 PM, krw wrote:

Some would argue that the the risk of lung disease is an acceptable risk compared to the expense of a Festool dust Extractor.
I'm not one. ;~)

Well, you were sleeping on the job so I thought I'd help out. ;-)
On 6/16/2016 1:43 PM, krw wrote:

I appreciate it! LOL