is this normal ??? What can i do to make it better

I just bought a new cabinet saw the TSC-10HB. I have a massive DC hooked up to it and yet, there is dust spewing out of it. well, not as much as the contractor saw I put up with for more years and I am prepared to admit. I have looked at the cabinet part and there are wholes in it every where and basically the manufacturer has put a lot of faith in gravity alone to attract the dust to the lowest point of the cabinet.
I am wondering if this is a normal phenomenon with TSC-10HB (i.e., dust spewing out of it despite a massive DC being hooked to it). Also is there anything I could do, or anyone has done to reduce the dust getting out of the cabinet.
cheers Al

You mean, other than an overhead guard?

I will assume by "wholes" you mean holes and that's your problem. Everywhere that air can exit the saw cabinet, dust will follow, so your only solution is to seal as many as you can except for the dust collection port. Tape on cardboard, sheet plastic, whatever works and then you should see some improvement.
Upscale wrote:

Note that you need some space for the air to get *into* the cabinet...at least as much total area as the dust collection port. The trick is to have the air coming in through places where there isn't dust trying to go out.
One of these days I'm going to get some chunks of magnetic sign material and use them to block off the slots for the front adjustment wheel.
Chris

Yes, you're right, but even a zero clearance insert should allow sufficient air flow to stream dust into the cabinet and then into the dust collector port. As well, most saw blades (at least combination blades) have gullets which also allows a substantial amount of air flow to be directed into the cabinet.
Upscale wrote:

Thanks guys, you already answered my first question. obviously it is happening. I used the saw and paid more attention to where actually the saw dust was getting out and the worst offender is the blade pushing it out into the guard. It looks like I would have to implement some sort of DC tube to the guard or perhaps buy one. do you know if you could change the guard on TSC-10HB ?

Depends on how much you want to spend. Here's a few examples. (Amazon.com product link shortened)82084681&sr=1-1
http://www.woodsmithstore.com/210165.html

*tip-of-the-hat*
Brilliant idea... consider that one stolen.
r---> who loves good ideas..anyone's.