Is this a decent deal?

my sale, don't know who it belongs to, just curious if the price is right. Advertised as a bench saw in the header, but is actually a 5hp 14" Unisaw with the Biesmeyer fence for 1500$

Even at this price it is out of my range. Just wondering, should I have the money...

Reply to
Hedley

I would say that is a very good deal. It would probably serve you at least 20 years. Should you seriously consider buying it, always inspect an item, in person, before purchasing.

Reply to
Sonny

the only problem is that the 5hp motor may be three phase.But if its not I paid 1650.00 for my unisaw 3 years ago which would make about the same age.

good luck

len

Reply to
leonard

It's a 14"!! This makes it quite the beast. I don't think it's actually a Unisaw. I'm sure Frank B. could give you definitive information, as this appears to be a current tool.

Remember, 14" blades are quite a bit more expensive than 10" and you won't typically find them in stock at consumer woodworking stores. 14" blades are easily obtained from commercial equipment dealers, directly from manufacturers like Forrest, and probably from Grizzly.

The saw IS 3 Phase:

as a Delta 86-656 is a motor, not a saw model number.

In the photos, it looks as if the saw has been modified for some special production use. Make sure the saw can be put back to standard configuration before purchasing.

Reply to
Ba r r y

I don't think it's such a good deal unless you really need a 14" saw. You can buy a factory reconditioned 5 HP single phase 10" Unisaw with a brand spanking new 50" Biesemeyer fence and extension table for $1659 plus shipping of less than $100. A 3 HP is only $1195. Then you'll have a standard saw that will accept the standard accessories you'll want later.

DonkeyHody "Give a hungry man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

The ad must be in error. If it were a 14" blade it would be a 36-RT40 which is a saw that is built for Delta by invicta in Brazil. It is definitely not that. My guess it is a standard 10" Unisaw and they have mistated the blade diameter in the add. Unless there has been some oddball customization and I doubt it could be done. Not enough clearance.

The LVC shown in the picture coupled with the 86-656 number indicates that it is a three phase unit.

It is a good price if you need five HP with a 3PH electrics.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

That is getting it at 1/3 original cost. If, that is, there is nothing terribly wrong with it. Jim

Reply to
Jim