is there such a thing as a locking hinge?

I have a piece of furniture that has a long stand that I'd like to be able to make bend forward, is there some kind of locking hinge - or someway to rig a hinge so it bends forward and locks at a certain point?

Obviously I only have the vaguest idea what you are talking about but fwiw the only hinge I have ever seen which locked in an open position was described as a 'Butler's Table Hinge' A Butler's Table being a wall mounted fold-down shelf type thing.
There are stays which lock in position.
Tim w

Like Tim said Butler table hinge. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID )7&TabSelecttails

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!