is there such a thing as a locking hinge?

I have a piece of furniture that has a long stand that I'd like to be able to make bend forward, is there some kind of locking hinge - or someway to rig a hinge so it bends forward and locks at a certain point?

Reply to
Joe

Obviously I only have the vaguest idea what you are talking about but fwiw the only hinge I have ever seen which locked in an open position was described as a 'Butler's Table Hinge' A Butler's Table being a wall mounted fold-down shelf type thing.

There are stays which lock in position.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W