is there some other moderated.. quality.. ww forum (Taunton's?)

since there is so much junk here.. just wondering if the serious folks also post/read at other places?
colorado trout asks:

www.woodcentral.com
Charlie Self
"Men willingly believe what they wish." Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico

Charlie has hit a hole in one. Thanks Charlie.
Glenn
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 05:22:58 GMT, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net (coloradotrout) wrote:

For 8 years, I dealt with Usenet noise by ignoring individual posts. Last year, things really started getting out of hand on several groups I participate in.
Check out some of the news clients and proxys that will get recommended to you.
I prefer Agent, and paid for the full version to allow me to use all the filtering features.
<http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
Barry

Your two points are excellent and true.
However, I've noticed that I don't seem to miss much by ignoring threads I'm not interested in, even if it's on-topic and polite. Crossposting dosen't bother me until I reply, at which time Agent notifies me.
Have you ever tried a proxy to catch the crossposts?
Personally, I've never found a moderated, web-based forum that I liked, as they are usually slow, both in response and posting speed. I also haven't found a web-based forum that had an interface I like.
If you find one you like, post the url here. I'm always looking...
Thanks, Barry
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:29:46 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

No, no comments on the other stuff. Just about Agent. BTW, the latest upgrade 1.93, which I installed last night, supposedly does a better job of collecting posts that really are part of the same thread. I'll wait and see.
snipped-for-privacy@sprynet.com says...

Gravity (by MicroPlanet) will handle both of those conditions. And it's free.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

www.sawmillcreek.org