Is there a glue for wood+glass ?

Howdy,

I am modifying the look of a 5-panel door. It's a wooden door (douglass fir) and the panels are glass. I want to glue some new rails that I fabricated above the old ones. The surfaces to be glued will be both wood and glass. I will be sanding and painting the door, so imperfections will be hidden.

What kind of glue should I be using? Is there a glue that binds to both glass and wood? A friend siggested an epoxy (?)

Thanks

-Adrian

Reply to
AJ

Most polyurethane glues will bond glass to wood, such as Gorilla Glue.

Practice on scrap. Read the directions, poly-u glues are different than the average, and are harmful to humans.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

You should be using no glue at all. The rails should be held in place with brads, and the holes filled with putty. This is because you *want* those rails to be removable, easily, in case you ever need to replace broken glass.

Doug Miller

Silicone can be used for this application. Note:

for glue advice.

JeffB

AJ wrote:

Reply to
JeffB

I'd be will to bet that site is is for the promotion od and supported by

heard of them before.

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Been around a long time--I remember them from when I was a little kid. My recollection is that when you could get the same kind of glue from two or more manufacturers lepages was generally the last choice. IIRC they also had crappy imitation Scotch tape.

Reply to
J. Clarke