Is there a book for tool restoration?

I have a ShopSmith 10E that I like to restore for my grandson, but I like to read a little on how to take of surface rust, and then protect it etc. I mean I know how to get rust off, but I don't know for sure, if I should use sandpaper, or a wire brush, or what sandpaper to use in the beginning, wet or dry etc. The rust is really very light anyway, no deep wounds or anything like that. Any help is much appreciated. I know most of you professional woodworkers probably laugh at the ShopSmith, but my grandkids really love the machine, and I like to fix it up a little for them..... I'm also the guy that posted the question about the "Boose" all in one machine, it is almost like the ShopSmith.....A very nice machine.........Opa Peter

Old Woodworking Machines site is probably worth a visit, www.owwm.com
Maybe post to rec.crafts.metalworking too - They seem to restore more old machines in there than we do here.
Go easy on mechanical scraping for rust too - there are better ways.
Go to http://groups.yahoo.com
Search for a group called shopsmith10erusers
Subscribe to group! That's it. (This group also deals with 10E shopsmiths)
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:52:07 +0000, Andy Dingley

Many thanks Bob, I will do that............Peter