Is Norm customizing his Unisaw like a Harley?

I noticed last night while watching Norm make the "Pier Table" that his Unisaw looked shiny. Specifically, the Handwheels looked to have been chromed. I have not noticed this before and I always have seen the Handwheels as Black. Because I have Tivo I was able to look closer and sure enough at 18 minutes into the episode when he is cutting the front pieces for the table and he switches from 45 to 22 1/2 degrees those nice chromed Handwheels are prominently shown.
Is this a new trend? Or are the Handwheels Chromed on Unisaws?
LROD?
Rich
His saw may be morphing into a Jet. ;~)
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:16:43 -0400, "RKON"

I'm not sure if they upgraded the handles. The Unisaw now being used replaced the original Rockewell Unisaw around season 6. The possiblity certainly exists that it's an even newer Unisaw that I haven't noticed (nor been looking for). It's hard enough to tell Unisaws apart unless they have four feet.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Lrod:

sigh...
There are "subtleties" that can/will stick out like a sore thumb after a while.
Maybe Norm traded in his new Unisaw for a real one?
UA100
RKON wrote:

This was available on a Norm special Unisaw offered by Delta somewhere between five and ten years ago. Part of the same package was a plaque on the saw.
Mitch Berkson
Mitch Berkson wrote:

That's more pitiful than the guys who got the Unisaw with the, "This Saw Built 'Specially For (Insert Name Here)" plaque on them.
UA100
Yeppers I remember those. Was a special purchase uni.
Jim