Is my wife crazy?

She wants me to get her a dibble. I thought for sure someone here would sell them on their site but only found a "Ken Dibble".

Maybe nobody uses them anymore.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

I happen to know what that is.

  1. Any good turner could make you a nice one.
  2. There is a wooden citrius juiceer that is similar size and shape (google "wooden juicer")
Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

google "planting dibble"

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

She wants me to get her a dibble. I thought for sure someone here would sell them on their site but only found a "Ken Dibble".

Maybe nobody uses them anymore.

It's a garden planting took, used for making planting holes for bulbs or seedlings. Bing or Google for it and you'll find a bunch of gardening tools web sites that sell them.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Dacon

No, no, no, she want you to stop dribbling. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Some here:

of course, there is:
may be easier if you know they are also called dibbers.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

There is smething to be said for 'exceeding her expectations'.

May I sugggest something 50% better than a dibble?

A _tribble_!

BTWU, there's a Romulan who would dearly love to get rid of a -big- bunch of them -- it seems they're cluttering up his engine room.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Once you dibble... it's hard to stop dibbling.

Reply to
Robatoy

That was a Klingon and they've since dealt with the problem.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"Drew Lawson" wrote

Weeding Trowel? Looks kind of like a turning gouge. Doesn't seem right to invest $40 for a tool for a WEED!!

I keep thinking about I guy I knew growing up who used some kind of flame thrower to take care of the weeds on his lawn. He ended up with burnt spots on the lawn, but the grew in and he ended up with a nice green lawn. But every spring, he had those burnt spots.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

oH indeed they do! Go get the automatic model.

A duck. george

Reply to
George Watson

Try looking for that grand old English word "dibber" - that's yet another word American's misspell!

Reply to
Disbelief

That would be a Klingon, not a Romulan. Try and keep up. ;)

-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Reply to
vonKevin

Lee Valley does sell them on the gardening section.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Hey, just turn down one of her dil...erm, never mind.

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

QUICK! HIDE ALL THE QUADRO TRITICALE!

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

According to your grand old OED the Middle English word was "dibble".

Reply to
Swingman

Is your OED a Hernia Edition? I have the Websters version of that. Six inches thick and has a whole helluva lot of words in it, none of which are textable. ;)

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LA:

I've seen and used them. "Dibble" was the only word known here. You can make one out of a big spike epoxied into wood that gets padded for comfort if you like. A bike handlebar grip would also work for traction if you have one about.

Try eBay. I'm sure if you searched (or saved a search) under (dibble OR dibber) (antique OR vintage) you could find a good one inexpensively. If the handle is tight and solid, you shouldn't have any worries.

The nicest one that hit the eyes was an exemplar bearing a strong, strong resemblance to one of the kind of burnishers used by jewelers. The fabricator used a swift-looking, stout piece of polished sard for the working end. Scratching and abrasion in the right kind of soil might be a problem--and you wouldn't want to be prying with it--but, dang, it was a looker.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Of course she is.

They all are. (i.e., Lucy Ricardo, Gracie Allen, Edith Bunker, Frances

*****, [my first wife]).
Reply to
HeyBub