A few months back I built this workstation
When I built It I knew the plywood piece that was guled into the 2x4
didn't seat very well. It didn't matter It was just a temporary
table. Well the 2x4 popped loose at one end so I pried it completely
apart for re-gluing.
In the dado of the 2x4 under the dried glue was obvious round spots of
dark mold. None of them very big, the largest may have been 3/16.
This was standard construction lumber so it was probably a little
moister than kiln-dried hardwood but not dripping like PTL. The piece
was stored in a dry garage and was never exposed to rain. The mold
was only visible inside the dado and not on any exposed surface. Did
the moisture from the glue cause the mold? Anyone else ever discover
hidden mold in a project?