Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?

Page 11 of 13

No, I agree with you there. Bottom line is I see two candidates before us. One who understands the challenges in the world today and is acting on it, and one who is just saying anything to get elected.

don't see a parallel between Kerry missing meetings on national security vs where Bush gets work done. Voters are looking for someone who can make the country safer and to make the evaluation you have to look at the resume, not only at what they say now. Here's a guy who missed most of his meetings on national security -- not a good thing by any stretch. People make time for the things they believe are important.
dwhite
@optonline.net says... [...]

That's the crux of where we differ. I see one big-haired, predictably political candidate with a somewhat bland agenda, that when taken in total, generally promises a less dangerous and otherwise better future for the country. I see another arriving on the national scene purely by birthright, driven by special interests, utterly helpless and universally disrespected in the world of diplomacy, environmentally comatose, and prone to excessive manipulation by advisors with truly diabolical intentions (but I like his wife and admire his running ability.)
- Al
[...]
"Al Spohn" wrote in message

ROTFLMAO!! ... you just may have something there, Al!
;>)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Don't get me started... (is that different than "don't feed the troll?") :-) I'll trade all of my double-talk for that shop of yours!
- Al
says...

His promise for a less dangerous and better future with no apparent plan of action to get us there somehow seems convincing to you??? What am I missing here? I mean, what else is he going to say?

Al, this is just all really over the top. Bush has shown he and his admin are anything but helpless. In fact, he sees his pivotal place in history and is doing the right thing despite the naysayers who have their own pecadillos. I think sometimes that Bush is just a sounding board for angry people to bounce their frustration off of.
dwhite

that GWB allegedly violated a direct order, are -- forgeries, and clumsy ones at that.
Second, only conduct occurring _during_ one's term of office is impeachable. Anything that took place prior to that is not.
Third, disobeying a direct order is insubordination, but in no wise can it be construed as treason. The Constitution is _quite_ clear on what treason consists of: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort." [Article 3, Section 3]
Finally... it ill-behooves any Kerry supporter to suggest that GWB may be guilty of treason, when Kerry's conduct after returning home from Viet Nam approaches far closer to "adhering to [our] enemies, giving them aid and comfort" than anything that George Bush ever did.
We had a war that I didn't hear about? When was that?

You never heard of Vietnam?

Not a war. Try again.
wrote in message , isn't not following a

To deny that the Vietnam war was a war defies reason.
--

FF

Simple fact.

war : A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.
Sounds to me like what happened in Vietnam. Or it isn't a war to you unless some politicians somewhere say it is?
todd

The Korean War is often, even 'officially' called a 'police action'.
That the Korean War was a police action does not change the fact that it was a war.
Pennsylvania is a 'Commonwealth'. Someone in Pennsylvania tried to convince me that the Peannsylvania was not a state because it was a commonwealth. That the State of Pennsyulvania is a Commonwealth does not mean it is not a state.
And so.
--

FF

Entrapment my ass. Clinton is physically unable to tell the truth, he lies habitually and continuously. He alone is responsible for taking an oath to tell the truth and deciding that, once again, he would lie. That is nobody's fault but his own.

Long as you don't stain it, we'll get along relatively well.
Dave Hinz
Dave Hinz wrote:

Oh heavens no, I wouldn't do that :^)
JK

says...

"As long as I'm not screwing children or animals, my sex life is none of your $#@&! business. And I'm not sure animals should concern you."
But that would be too straightforward for a politician :-).
Witness Rumsfeldt the other day. The interviewer quoted him as saying something and he denied ever saying it - twice. Then they played the tape of him saying it - word for word :-). All he had to do was say "Yes, I said that, but I've since found out I was wrong".
Once again, truth is too simple for a politician.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Larry Blanchard wrote:

There ya go. The guy clearly has to go! (But he proved that a long time ago).

Clearly, Clinton should have just said "none of your business". What a tactical error. But, in extension, if Ken Starr's real motive were to simply ferret out actual legal violations and such, he shouldn't have asked the question in the first place, because it, indeed, was none of his business. But, then, uncovering wrongdoing was never the agenda.
"James T. Kirby" wrote in message

In politics, and most anything to do with lawyers and/or government bureaucracy, it rarely is ... and that's exactly what we've come to expect from those quarters.
It is, however, an indictment of the times that the media has become "proactive" along the same lines, with no end to the blind fools whom they can sway.
The reasonable doubts cast upon the authenticity of the documents which CBS based their latest anti-Bush "agenda" this past Wednesday night are a case in point.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5955784 / http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5956461 /
To me this would have been expected and unremarkable coming from the Kerry machine, or either side for that matter, but from those who foist themselves off as "journalists" to the American public, it unconscionable, IMO.
I am not a Republican ... I just don't like being taken for a blind fool.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Reports are that Burkett first approached the Kerry Campaign with the material and they declined to use it.

I hope you're not a Democrat either. Political parties are fundamentally destructive of Democracy.
--

FF

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message

Have NO fear on that count ... ;>)